Thursday, June 15, 2006

well... heh boss asked me to blog le...

anyway It is very ironical for me to join cheerleading... Yes, though it was a dream come true for me to be in cheerleading... but then... somehow after I joined you all, I realised that it is a totally different cup of tea for me. Being a heavy weight, I always have very low morale and confidence when I am asked to stand on the guys, I always have a sense of worried for them... I see the "gek" face on you guys... I feel damn bad... always want to come down asap... Somehow, I felt that I was not suited for cheerleading... Yup... but like thick skin also must go and train...
How I wished I was back at 38 kg... before I took my weight gainer and shot to 64 kg in NTU! well... at least now 49kg but then still the heaviest girl in the team...

though Boss had said to me " heh, 49kg so? we have 56 kg girl and we lift her up also leh" it somehow made me motivated to move on... and the guys were very encouraging... but then deep inside me, I feel as if i had pulled the team down.. If I was not there.. probably you all would have done better...

then recently Jason said " dear, you are not fat la. You are a runner built... and cheerleading is for super light girls..."
yeah I know you guys keep saying weight is not the important factor but still... IT IS A FACTOR... haah... everytime before cheerleading.. I won't eat anything the whole day until after running training and cheerleading practice... then other days I only eat in the morning... haha...

On monday I was damn demoralised... haha... I can still remember It was my first time doing the shoulder stand successfully... and i can see that the guys were struggling when I stood above them... then I remember one guy say "eh heavy leh, can change a lighter one" ... wah.. strucked me light lightning... but then Its a fact... and i have to accept it... yup... but thenn never mind... my body is full of muscles... (trying to console myself) haha... yup... I must say thanks to Boss who is constantly hitting me... and for Eddy who says I feel so damn heavy on top! I know it is tiring ..and to Edward for allowing me to stand on top of him during shoulder stand...and constantly ensuring me that he is fine... heh edward, luckily I am not like what i used to look like in sports camp right! if not, i think u will die lol hahah!....

Anyway cheerleading is a totally strainous sport! I think if someone really trains hard and work hard... dragon boat people cannot even be compared to the guys! What others see during cheerleading performances are just guys throwing girls up in the sky and tossing them around... It seems so easy... but only the people who are doing it will know the hardship that they have been through... Big muscles no brain also makes nothing out of someone... Before I joined this team, I though cheerleading was an easy job... but now, my mindset has changed...I think every sport has its own difficulty and I think that cheerleading has its own uniqueness and speciality... though I have been training for triathlon, but i guess the amount effort I put into cheerleading should be getting higher le...

anyway thats for the day... just wanna say this.. the team rocks... and the coaches rocks... (not forgetting jason- who is constantly asking me to quit cheerleading) haha... shh.....
oh yeah one more thing... "sorry guys... heavy weight is here to apologize for being so heavy... hopefully I can hit my coach aim for me to reach 40 kg by end of August! I have already lost 8 kg since 2 months ago... heheh... pray hard for me... so u all un have to suffer! "

LETS WORK ON... ITS NOT A ONE PERSON'S EFFORT BUT A WHOLW TEAMS' EFFORT THAT MAKES ONE PERFORMANCE SUCCESSFUL...

10 comments:

Kang Jun said...

hey dun worry man.. we're all in this together!!! eddie weak la thats why he say tat.. u try weida he sure wun complain one.. hahaha.. but on a more serious note.. no other factor is as impt as the commitment to the team.. we were all noobs in the beginning but look where we are now... though not very far but at least still somewhere la.. haha.. dun be discouraged... well... i dun think there's anything to be discouraged abt.. the onus is on the guys to train harder as well .. ok eddie?? hahaha.. let's put our heart together and train hard together and overcome watever obstacles that we may encounter on the way ba!!!

Sumiko Tan said...

haha actually its Lawrence who say i am fat lol! today he reminded me again! he ask me whether i eaten dinner yet.. then i say no... then he say good! ahah... well... bleh.. but today's training was great!

Kang Jun said...

well.. lawrence needs to train even more!!! hahaha~ yeah today was good but damn tiring... think i'm getting old.. old... old man is weak...

chaang said...

ha. please eat before you come ! otherwise you won't have energy to train leh. Later you faint during training den how? Jason run after me i confirm die la..cos my running is chui one. lol

Sumiko Tan said...

hahah captain... please leh "lao dang li zhuang"leh... i think u damn strong la.. though u look quite weak!
heh boss... i DUN EAT.. i DUN CARE... i know la your running cannot even "qie" me...how to "qie" him!

van said...

lawrence is back on the team?

Kang Jun said...

wrong lawrence miss van.. haha.. we're talking abt the "ouch u're stepping on my hair" lawrence.. hahaha.. wah liew i look weak meh? haha.. i'm just tired.. hahaha~ everyday watch soccer till 5am then go work then come training leh.. tiring leh.. hahah~

Sumiko Tan said...

heh captain... stop watching soccer and concentrate on training la... so many people chasing one ball... not sianz ah..
Van! faster come back!!!! everybody missing you!

Kang Jun said...

haiyo eddie... team-mates where got challenge here and there one?? wanna challenge also challenge others ma... zhen bu dong shi... haiz... hahahha~

Anonymous said...

Team-mates challenge each other to improve and help each other along the way.
Then we will go out and own them ALL THE SAME...

"Sometime we know that it pointless to put what we have in mind to other people,
the only thing we can do is to own them so badly that they have nothing to say.." - Chaangru