Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sorry for always posting lengthy wordy posts. Although they say a pictures says a thousand words, I don't think a thousand pictures is enough to describe how the seniors feel.



Wenfeng asked me just now, "Why are you seniors so sad?". She was referring to Regine, Isaac and me. I told her that she won't understand how we feel, not yet anyways. For those of you that did not notice, Regine was sobbing her heart out and Isaac and I was trying damn freaking darn hard to hold back our tears.



You may say that parting is inevitable. Sooner or later we have to leave the team, leave cheer. To us, it is akin to leaving our family. Imagine how you feel when you are about to leave your family forever. That is how we feel. We are family that has gone through blood and sweat together. Isaac is the closest to a brother that I will ever have and Regine is like a sister that I've always wanted.



To the juniors, treasure every moment that you are in cheer. While training may be hard and injuries aplenty, you will always have frens that catch you when you fall, help you up when you are down, encourage you when you feel that you are the lousiest person in the world. In fact, these are the very same people that you can trust your life with.



There will be tough times ahead. I beseech you never to give up. Not on yourself, not on the team. Instead stick together and ride it out as a team. I guarantee you, at the end of the day, you will know how we feel. You will know why we still come back. You will know why we tear when we have to leave. You will have bonds so strong that not even your own siblings can give you.



I have found my comrades-in-arm here in cheer. I have found my brothers in cheer. And I will never regret the decision that I made to join Spectrum. Regine, I've never thanked you enough for helping me out as the vice captain when I was the captain. I will miss you. I really will.



Tomorrow will be the last time I will be coming to cheer. For all the wonderful memories before, I thank all of you. It will be memories that I will treasure till the day I die.





Cheers,
Kangjun
Team Spectrum Captain 2006-2007

No comments: