Friday, January 18, 2008

Random rantings...

Hi all, just saw some quotes on a blog which i thought would be nice to share.


" Empires have to fall for the birth of a new, stronger one. Whenever you get a fresh start, you get more drive. Sometimes no matter how to tried to right a wrong, you thought that you are doing it for the good of the team, you will realise that no solutions is the best solution. Sometimes no matter how you try to solve your prob of your comp hanging, the best solution is still to press the restart button. "


If im not wrong this was posted by xingwei. I share his insight completely. Many of you doubted the survivabilty of the team when the seniors left last year. Many of you doubt we can continue next year. Yet we are still here fighting strong. The juniors have shown that they have what it takes to be a part of Spectrum. Have trust in them, trust yourselves. From the ashes rises the phoenix. You may not be as strong now but you will be stronger. You may not have numbers but you will have unity. You may no longer have guidance but you have each other.


And that is the true calling of Spectrum.


I like wikipedia's definition of the word Spectrum. I quote from wiki, "In most modern usages of spectrum there is a unifying theme between extremes at either end." We may all come from different places, but it is the team that brought us together. I thank God that I am able to meet people like Isaac, Regine, Delan, Edward, Wenfeng, Sirong, Congyan, Kahxian, Junhui, Jianning, Lawrence, Chuanyan, Sally and even Chaangru though Spectrum. The memories that I share with them is so precious no amount of money or winners medal can buy. And it is Spectrum that brought me and Weida, Eddie, David and Munhong closer. It is memories that I will look back fondly on everytime I think about Spectrum.


Spectrum is a team where we share our passion. We named ourselves Spectrum because we wanted to take in anyone with the passion for cheer. Along the way we may have forgotten our cause. We need not be winning to be a team. So even if next year or the year after that Spectrum might be left with only the 5 of you, the 5 of you still makes a team. And as long as there is 1 person left, the legacy of Spectrum can continue.


I remember telling someone this before. I coach because I wanna give to others what cheer gave to me. The team bonding that I've experienced is so great that I hope that others can feel the same way. When I coach I do it not so much for the money but in the hope that the kids can find the bonding that I found in cheer. If you feel the same way as me, won't you wanna pass it on to the next generation?


ok... i realised that its really random rantings.. coz i really dun haf any organised thoughts at all.. haha.. just typing whatever comes into my mind..

ANYWAYS, I am suggesting that we have a official get-together at least once every year for all members of Spectrum young and old. Since the name Spectrum started around during the last week of May, why not we celebrate Spectrum's birthday on the last Saturday of May every year? We can all meet up and talk about old times, like how we thought we were the best of the best during our first HO. HAHAHAHA. How bout it? And I suggest the EXCO tat year should be the one organising it. hahaha.. onz?

No comments: