Monday, October 23, 2006

Dear everyone... after so long of Absence from training... I really missed training... I missed those times when we practice Extensions, Basket toss, Shoulder Stand, 2-2-1, teddy bear and lot more... I learnt a lot from cheerleading...



From a non- cheerleading background, a pure runner and triathlete till now.. I really appreciate everyone's help for looking after me, guiding me and teaching me every single stunt and requirement in cheerleading. I can still vividly remember how enthusiastic I was when I first joined... I will try to be one of those first ones to reach practice... last few to leave the area after training... Will always be working like mad to catch up a lot of areas which I am weak in...

But I have to say good bye to Spectrum ... After serious considerations and speaking to my coach, I realised that I might have too many commitments in the coming year. My coach has just informed me that I might be going overseas every month to 7 different continents for a marathon each time... and that I might be asked to do Sea Games for triathlon if I do qualify. In the mids of training, I cannot afford to be injured and so my coach has actually instructed me to take a step back in cheerleading...

Its sad to make this decision as I am really looking forward to joining all of you back in training after HO and to perform in nationals with you all...But to enable all of you to move on faster without having to consider about me, its better for everybody! At least for the guys its a good news... at least you all dun have to carry this heavy weight anymore... yup!

I must express my thanks to every single one of you here... from captain Kangjun who never fails to give me his support by willing to try every stunt with me no matter how tired he is... to Vice captain Regine for her utmost elegance and her teachings to perform the best stunts... to Edward for being my best shoulder stand partner and always giving me the confidence that I can do it!... for Delan for her perserverence and endurance for willing to try new stunts...

for Congyan and Munhong for being the best extension partners... For David and Eddie for being there for me when I really needed STRONG guys to do stunts... they are really stable...to Lawrence for talking alwas entertaining us all this while and doing up the blog skin..

to Jason for teaching me how to do back hand spring...to Weida for always being the strongest base... for Jianning for being my motivation and good friend to talk heart to heart to... to Boss bringing me into the team... n to Aihui for being the "Kai Xin Guo" of the team..

And definitely say thanks to a special person in the team.. for being there for me to pick me up when I fall.. for encouraging me when I successfully completed a stunt... for being my star in the dark... for being the closest person to me in the team... for being such a nice brother... Isaac... sorry bro, have to leave the team le... but I know we will always be there for each other...:)

Though I have made this decision but my heart and soul will still bond with the team... I still love all of you as friends... I still wanna support You all... but I am glad that my decision to leave the team will be a good help to everyone!... Love Spectrum... Leaving all of you a photo of me to remember! remember this Heavy weight in the team... who will always love Spectrum!


(these photos might have been repeated ... yup...)

3 comments:

Kang Jun said...

hey girl.. we've nv tot of u as a burden so dun tink of it this way k? heavy or not doesn't matter its the heart and passion that speaks loudest.. in any case we will hafta respect ur decision though we'll be missing our strongest mid-tier.. take care and all da best for ur future competitions.. u will forever be a part of Spectrum.. cheers..

*JiA said...

sumiko... i really dunno wad to say... i thk it muz b hard for u to make this decision cuz it hurts to be not able to do sth u like... but wadever decision u make, of cuz we will respect and also support u in ur running career!!! do all of us proud ok!!! u've got a stong character, and u'll surely do well in ur future endeavours!!! and of cuz, u'll b a part of Spectrum forever! *hugggz*

chaang said...

On behalf of team spectrum, I would like to extend my thanks for your contribution and enthusiasm towards cheer during your stay with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Cheers ~.

CR