Sunday, July 16, 2006

Why so Tulan ???

Yeah there has been much speculation of late that how come boss like having pms like that..whole day scold scold scold. Face black black. It's like things has changed. We're no longer having the same degree of fun anymore. Very regimental. Very strict. So why ah?


Alright....I have to admit that I'm having some problems coping with the new change of my life-style following the start of my 5 mth Industrial Attachment which ends in Dec. (0730-1550 mon- fri ) This is on top of the existing responsibilities I have as the current coach of Sapphires as well as a tutor for my A lvl student.


Of course, this is no reason to complain. You peeps have your own responsibilites and problems too. ppl like delan having to travel all the way from sengkang back to NTU just to train. And tanny and Kangjun who are also working in the day just as I am.


Perhaps i'm getting worn out. I dunno.


But rest assured that Spectrum is my brain child and it took me much pains to set up. And I am putting all my heart and soul for this team to grow. It hasn't been easy, cos we are after all we are a common threat the existing teams in singapore. Of course ma. One more competitor. Esp for the varsity team who sees us as dividing exisiting resources. Stealing their ppl . bla bla bla.


I never denied that i have high expectations. which is precisely why I get pissed when I see basics not executed properly after all the hard work we have put in. At our current level , simple things such as baskets , extensions and shoulder stands should be second nature to us. You find it fustrating too, don't you? esp when you know that these are the things which you can do but for some funny reason you simply cannot perform.


But the main reason why I'm 'pms-ing' all over the place is the attitude of the entire team. We're getting complacent. And this is very dangerous. People are starting to slack. Coming late for training without reasons and being late for yesterday's assignment was really over the top.


And no, I do not pick on people. I have no reason to.


Spectrum would have never been possible without every single one of you. We are a group of ppl who have come together for the love of the sport. All of us enjoy each other's company, bitching together and doing gay + absurd stuff that the common public could never comprehend. But this IS us. This IS the Spectrum culture. Spectrum exists because each and everyone of you compliment each other's strength and weaknesses.


The only thing that i can repay you for your contribution to spectrum is a memory. A memory that you can bring with you once you graduate from University...once you retire from cheerleading. Because I too will retire from cheerleading one day. And you can always look back at this memory telling yourself that i once had a team of people whom i can associate and identify myself with. And I was happy. I AM proud to be part of Spectrum.


Be it harsh tones, sadomasochistic notions or even the black face, it has never been my intention to make anybody unhappy. But as boss, there are times where it is necessary to make unpopular decisions/ comments for the good of the team and I apologise if i have offended any of you in this process.


So yeah. That's about it. About the black face? Ask regine la. She'll just tell you "ignore him la. His face naturally black one..."


Out.

9 comments:

Kang Jun said...

wah siao leow siao leow.... eh boss can remove the "gay" part or not?? later ppl think we really gay leh... haha.. lidat no one wanna join leow.. except gays... which will sink us further down.. mwahhaha.. i read thru the post and the thing that stood out most was the gay part man... the public to comprehend us being gay?? oh man... we're not even gay~~!!! hahah.. ok la maybe only weida and congyan is la.. the rest of us all normal leh.. haha..

just to clarify... i dunno abt the rest... BUT I AIN'T GAY!!! hahaha.. ladies out there i'm still available ok? hahahaha..

Anonymous said...

If Ru face is ever white, it ain't the Ru we know... We are old enough to understand why and why and why.. I think most of us take your harsh words/comment with a pinch of salt. Lesson learnt today, tomorrow still remember. But Hatred generated today, tomorrow dissappear. We know you meant well. So don't worry bah..

KJ: I Am Straight not gay. It just my principals and morals that don't allow me to be too "close" with girls.
But for guys, it a different story... hahaha

Sumiko Tan said...

heh boss... know its not easy for u to actually type this blog... but i guess its a damnm good explanation,... yeah and targetted at people like me... who comes late for training... so sorry... i always rushing down from my own training... and i know i still need a lot of improvement... because i the newest person in the team and one of the ones who need to improve a lot more...
heh... your temper is bad.. but i think mine is worst.... and i accept all comments from u as a teaching lesson...
everybody has their own way of working... be it good or bad... we have to accept it..
u have put in a lot of hard work in this team. and i guess everyone can see it... its damn obvious.. and i totally respect u for this...
make me work under stress... make me stronger... but then one thing...
DO try to be MORE understanding...!!!! girls cry easily one hoh... I haven cry during training yet... now only me and Venessa haven cry... wait till we both cry... then u know!

Kang Jun said...

wrong~!!! vanessa got tear b4... even the strongest also cannot tahan CR lor.. haha..

and CY.. ok.. i geddit.. u're a straight gay!!! just like weida lor... haf feelings for gers but prefer guys physically?!!?! hahahahah~ joking la...

but on a more serious note.. lets all try to be more professional ba... heard from sources that tat day the gers were really rushing altho in the end still late.. well.. next time tell me 1st lor if u all dun dare to tell CR.. mwahhaha.. i take the scolding for u all.. hahaha~

Edward i cannot help u la.. delan tat slowpoke alwiz drag u down hor? hahah.. kick her ass make her go faster next time la.. hahaha~

Sumiko Tan said...

heh captain...! your resource from where... your Tanny ah... hha.
she was complaining say that when boss wanted to fine us for being late..
she actually turned to u..wanted u to help us.. then b4 she open her mouth , you say we deserve it... haah... now acting to be so nice... say wanna take scolding for us... dun bluff la.. faker!
anyway i feel also yeah... we were at fault too ...
must be more professional ...

Kang Jun said...

wait wait wait... hahaha..

number 1... not MY tannie hor...

and number 2... i explained my rationale to her le.. i tot u all shld haf came over to PS first, buy food on the way and eat, then change.
coz if gif u all half hr to make up u all will take half hr.. gif u 1hr u all will also take 1hr mah..
And.. if u all wanna eat jus tell me if u all tink CR wun listen lor.. can get someone else to buy for u all mah.. at least dun fake say go buy drink la.. coz we will expect u gers to be back in like 5min or wat mah.. then if more then tat then we will tink u all taking ur own sweet time..

However, like i said, she did say u all did rush le.. so i guess its still ok though not pardonable la..

If got anything u all tell me lor then i can help u all tink of a solution mah.. u tink tink la.. who's side am i on most of the time?? if u all not in the wrong i will say anything meh??

I stand by my view tat u all are indeed at fault lor.. but i also recognise the fact tat u all did try to rush le..

but i also tink tat there is no point in pointing fingers le.. so the solution tat i propose is tat u all speak to me and tell me watever problems u all haf lor.. then i see wat i can do lor.. i also wun scold u all de...

Kang Jun said...

and if u wanna say i faker i also got nothing to say lor..

i'm just doing and saying wat i think is right lor.. if dun wan me to help i even more happy~ mwahahhaah~ then i just sit one side relac~ hahaha~

faker signing out~

Sumiko Tan said...

wah so fierce for what...well our mistake la.... i think we girls dilly dally a little too much la... haah...
we learn from mistakes though... who dun!

Kang Jun said...

fierce meh?? no leh... if u say i fake trying to help then ok lor... then i shall continue to fake trying to help lor.. haha.. simple enough for me mah... mwahhaha~ just pretend to be concern but dun do anything abt it.. so easy~